Thursday, April 23, 2009

Carbon Footprint


In the class today our teacher gave us a site to enter and it asked us many questions about our life and what we are using every day . I found that I was a large consumer of the earth I am living in; as if we had 4.56 planets to support us but we only have one. I think that the way used by the site to figure my carbon footprint is that they ask me a question and then it calculates my percentage with what exists on the earth. Many of my friends have different carbon footprint rates like for example my rate was 3.74 and one of my friends which is Ali measured 3.14 and someone is even less and reached 2.27. Everyone has a different rate depending on his life style; some of them consume a lot of the earth’s contents and some of them almost use nothing. The worst thing in some people is that they use things more than they need; like there is a person who buys a lot of food but eats almost the half; others waste the water on washing cars by spraying the car with water instead of washing by hand for example; others also keep their air conditionsers open for a long time without any usage. Even me; sometimes I use a thing that is not necessary which affects our earth’s resources. All that may reduce the resources of the earth. Each one should think twice before doing anything that concerns the earth because it is not just for you, there are a lot of consumers that want to use it also; and remember don’t live to eat, but eat to live.

No comments:

Post a Comment